Rabbit

We all have to eat...
megga

Rabbit

Postby megga » Fri Oct 05, 2012 9:26 am

Shoot, skin, gut, wash cook, bang some chips on, open a 4 pack (thats the second 4 pack) and have no noncence nosh. Oh and put it all on your hand carved plate.
Man food :D

bainsk8
Subscriber

Re: Rabbit

Postby bainsk8 » Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:17 pm

I like the idea, but the kids would never forgive me. That said, no more of me having to clean out the hutch sounds tempting.

hawkeyefxr

Postby hawkeyefxr » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:22 am

A question, i had rabbit ONCE and it smelt like dog sh*t, no kidding. You could not get near it to eat, now even the though of rabbit makes my stomach turn.
Why? was it bad, is it that strong. This is a serious question

tusses
Subscriber

Postby tusses » Tue Jun 02, 2015 9:43 am

this being woodwork "UK" , surely you mean ... " Rebate " ?

nickw
Subscriber

Postby nickw » Wed Jun 03, 2015 3:51 pm

hawkeyefxr wrote:A question, i had rabbit ONCE and it smelt like dog sh*t, no kidding. You could not get near it to eat, now even the though of rabbit makes my stomach turn.
Why? was it bad, is it that strong. This is a serious question

Must've been a bad one. Rabbit is a bit gamey, but certainly not unpleasant.
Nick Webb, Fine Furniture, Cambridge
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Banjamin Franklin

Yorkymish

Postby Yorkymish » Thu Nov 24, 2016 10:23 am

I love eating rabbit. But sometimes you get an old Buck rabbit that's smell a bit more than games! I just skin and gut them very quick and then soak in milk overnight in the fridge. Then slow cook in wine then not strong at all. The French do it best cooked in brandy and mustard sauce. But to be fair I've served ground chicken to loads of squeamish friends and family and they loved it. Moaned and pulled faces when they find out ground chickens have four legs long ears and hop. Best yet was the tree chicken!! I would really recommend spicy squirrel ( tree chicken) satay skewers.

Return to “Dom's Cooking Corner”