Another chicken recipe....

We all have to eat...
stevep
Subscriber

Another chicken recipe....

Postby stevep » Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:52 pm

Chicken Ringstinger

I'm not particularly fond of spicy food, so perhaps one of you could try this out and report back.

A dish originating from just south of the North Circular, London. This dish is loved by all, but I'll take no responsibility if you're a bit too much of a big jessy and you end up on the toilet for days on end after eating it!

Serves 1-4

Ingredients:
2 lbs Chicken
6 Medium Onions, chopped
4 Cloves Garlic, chopped
8 tblspn Ghee or Vegetable Oil
2 Pints of water
24 fresh Habaneros Chillis, chopped
30 dried red chillies,crushed
2 tspn Red food colouring

Spices:
2 tsp ground turmeric
2 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp ground coriander
5 tsp ground hot chilli powder
1 tsp dried fenugreek leaves
A couple of capsicum pods

Optional (for the clinically insane only):
¼ bottle of tabasco sauce (try eating a teaspoon neat!)
¼ bottle Encona West Indian Hot Pepper sauce (mmm)

Mandatory
12 large jugs iced water
15 rolls of Kleenex
1 week off work
1 ambulance.

Method:
1. Fry the chicken, onions, garlic in some of the oil. Put all the spices in a bowl with a bit of water and mix to a paste. Fry this paste in a second pan for 10 minutes in some of the oil. Now combine all ingredients in a large vat or saucepan and simmer for 1-2 hours.

2. Add 3 tablespoons chilli powder and some more dried red chillies towards the end. Add a teaspoon Garam Masala 5 minutes before serving.

3. Leave to cool for 2 minutes before serving.

4. Serve on a bed of rice, followed by a bed in hospital.

And some comments from a blogger on this recipe ( http://menopausaloldbag.blogspot.com/20 ... ds_24.html )
Now that winter is firmly upon us and with the festive season beckoning, I am heavily into the preparation of (amongst other things) Chinese ring-stinger chicken, (so called because it is so loaded with chilli that it would rate a fairly high position on the Scoville scale which is more than evident the next morning as the chilli does its worst as you rush at speed to the loo for an agonising wall clawing poop. You're a better man than me, (and no I still don't have a penis, it is merely a turn of phrase), if you can come out of that loo without a swollen ring stinging away as it throbs big style whilst your sphincter swells to the size of a baby's arm. There's many a guest who has dared me to do my worst with the chilli and regreted having an ar*e like a baboon the following day. And you know what? Never ever after the age of fifty, trust a fart, especially after eating my ring stinger chicken. You will be deeply ashamed that you have aced your pants when all you hoped to achieve was a silent but violent parp of the ole botty upon your hosts whilst you endeavoured to pretend it was the dogs. Hah! Eat it at your peril for it is not for the faint hearted nor those without an asbestos coated bum or a spare pair of underpants.

Return to “Dom's Cooking Corner”