Inter-Credit International Ltd

If you need some advice but it isn't woodworking related, post here.
Pinch
Regular Poster

Inter-Credit International Ltd

Postby Pinch » Tue Feb 04, 2014 7:45 pm

Hi All,

Inter-Credit International Ltd are an enforcement agency working for the DVLA.

Has anyone ever received a 'Debt Recovery Notice' from this company?

I received my first letter from them early last week, claiming I owe DVLA £80 for a vehicle (I sold during June 2011) which was apparently liable for road tax or SORN declaration on 01.05.2012. I thought the letter was a scam so I destroyed it. Last Friday I received another letter stating the same as before. This time, I googled the company name and was shocked to read a mountain of cases where people have been ordered to pay £80 for the same reasons as mentioned above. These people also sold their vehicles around 2.5-3 years prior. The company is a legitimate company, but I've also learnt they are working on commission for creating maximum revenue to the government through the DVLA.

It was too late to phone ICIL (corrupt b*stards!) last Friday, so I telephoned them yesterday after work. Once I eventually got through to a representative, I was asked some security questions which riled me even more. After this, I started to explain that I sold the vehicle over 2.5 years ago and complied with the law by returning the V5 slip to DVLA. The rep wasn't interested and asked me if I was going to make payment. I replied with a massive NO, so she threatened me with court proceedings. I then lost it a bit and told her what I thought - with a few 'f' words stitched in. I then hung up.

There is NO WAY I am going to pay these arsholes £80 for something which doesn't concern me. I will happily attend court and present my case. If I lose the case, they will have to send me to jail, because I still ain't paying this corrupt system who are ripping off the British people - innocent people.

I also telephoned the DVLA this evening for a Data Protection Request and in a nut shell, they're not interested and told me to contact ICIL.

Now then... I can prove I sold this vehicle. I managed to find the original listing on eBay (from over 2 years ago), with pictures and description including a note saying the car was declared SORN and has no MOT. The car sold for £600. The chap who bought the car travelled over from Germany and returned to Germany with the car. I've contacted him and I'm waiting for his reply.

My question... Does anyone know whether this alone will be enough to prove my innocence in court or is there anything else I need to know about?

If any one else has experienced any corrupt dealings with this company, please share.

What sickens me more so, this is government driven!!

ace
Occasional Poster

Re: Inter-Credit International Ltd

Postby ace » Tue Feb 04, 2014 8:51 pm

I can't help you mate but maybe when they come knocking on the door you could try this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=snfDpklbPpU

Or this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5a_RvSqD2A

Pinch
Regular Poster

Postby Pinch » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:54 pm

Very good.

Colleagues say I should just pay the £80 and forget about it, but I can't just do that. I'm not going to pay them anything. The car I sold went to Germany and as far as I know, it's still there. The buyer hasn't replied to my email so he's either away or can't access his emails, or closed the email account... or he's simply not going to reply. I need to find out who the car has been registered to since I sold it. The Data Protection provides this information, but I don't think I can get hold of it. If the enforcement agency are saying (in between the lines) I must prove I wasn't the registered keeper at that time, then why won't they prove that I was.

Pinch
Regular Poster

Postby Pinch » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:54 am

After more research, I think I may have found a solution to stop this act of robbery. I am posting a letter this morning first class recorded delivery. All going well, I don't expect to hear from these vultures again.

If anyone here receives a letter from this enforcement agency (or any other agencie working for the DVLA) stating you owe them £80.00 for non taxing or declaring SORN a vehicle you sold over two year before, DO NOT pay them. This whole operation is about revenue targets and the agencies are receiving commission for every payment they receive.

paulchapman
Subscriber

Postby paulchapman » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:46 pm

I'd write to your MP about this and ask him to take it up with the relevant minister.

Cheers ;)

Paul

tusses
Subscriber

Postby tusses » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:12 pm

I'd try CAG too .. and Money Saving Forum, you may get some related info ???

tusses
Subscriber

Postby tusses » Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:14 pm

senior
Subscriber

Postby senior » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:34 pm

Jason knows how to word a bad ass note if you need help..............
Have a look at my facebook page and leave a comment or two.
Or browse my website Hand made kitchens Essex

mark270981
Subscriber

Postby mark270981 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 pm

--------------------------------------------------------------
ALOTBSOL

Mark - Sutton Coldfield

Neil_C
Subscriber

Postby Neil_C » Mon Feb 10, 2014 4:25 pm

senior wrote:Jason knows how to word a bad ass note if you need help..............

Which colour crayons does he use? :lol: :lol:
Cheers,

Neil

Return to “Non-woodworking related DIY”