60095 Multimedia Services

If you need some advice but it isn't woodworking related, post here.
Pinch
Regular Poster

60095 Multimedia Services

Postby Pinch » Sat Aug 16, 2014 3:42 pm

Hello Chaps,

This isn't a DIY project, but I could do with some help here if anyone knows anything about Interactive Services via mobile phones.

My wife's mobile phone bill shows 20 messages have been sent to the number '60095 Multimedia Services sent' over a period of 4 months during last year. Some have been sent one after each other at various times during a day - 6 in one instance, and the others have been sent over a scattered period. Each text has cost nothing and her monthly phone bills haven't cost anymore either.

Now here's the strange bit... My wife says she knows nothing about these messages whatsoever. I've telephoned the provider (Orange) and I've been told the number is connected to a company called '3rd Degree Ltd'. It works out this company is the 'middle-man' between the sender and recipient of the messages. The Orange rep also said the number is for an Interactive Service, but he doesn't know who or what the Interactive Service is.

If anyone could shed any light on this mysterious situation, I will be very grateful.

Cheers,
8-)

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Re: 60095 Multimedia Services

Postby Tomyjoiner » Sat Aug 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Not sure but on my phone you can bar numbers, maybe wurth doing incase there is something dodgy going on.

tusses
Subscriber

Re: 60095 Multimedia Services

Postby tusses » Sun Aug 17, 2014 9:38 am

also make sure you set your service so it can make
NO CHARGEABLE CALLS

a chargeable call or text, is like when you text to vote for something , or enter a competition etc...
there is a way malicious companys can get you to text or call a number an it costs you a fortune !

I don't know all the ins and outs, but it should be in you account settings somewhere when you log in online, or Orange should be able to advise.

Return to “Non-woodworking related DIY”