Problems accessing the site

If you have something to say about the forum, then say it here...
justaskin
Occasional Poster

Problems accessing the site

Postby justaskin » Fri Feb 21, 2014 6:19 am

Good morning
I am having problems accessing parts of the web site. Namely the For Sale section when I put the curser over this section the line goes Yellow and nothing happens even the header bar stays on the Board index url, almost as though the machine has hung up. If I select another section it may or may not come up.
My rig is a late 2013 27" iMac 32Gb ram with the latest processor, I am using Safari as my preferred engine, but I have tried Firefox with the same results. I am sure there is nothing wrong with the rig as +9 plusing) up to a new page all the web is there to see. Likewise I can open 10 separate pages at the same time and they all work.

Could this be a band width problem? Have I been locked out of the For Sale section due to trying to up load a 200k picture? Is this a don't like Apple problem?

Any pointer to uploading diagrams, and sorting out the above would be welcome
With kind regards
Richard

DavidO
Site Admin

Re: Problems accessing the site

Postby DavidO » Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:57 am

There doesn't appear to be any problem with the for sale section - I can view it fine. This forum is hosted on a dedicated server so bandwidth shouldn't be a problem.

Is this a recurring problem or a one-off? Have you tried refreshing the page? Clearing the cache? I assume all the other sections normally work fine for you?

justaskin
Occasional Poster

Postby justaskin » Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:47 pm

Thank you for the reply David. the only part of the forum I can't access is the For Sale no matter were I put the cursor the panel goes yellow then just nothing happens the Url doesn't chafe or anything, the Wanted site works well.

DavidO
Site Admin

Postby DavidO » Mon Feb 24, 2014 6:10 pm

Strange, you have posted recently (yesterday) in the for sale section. You mention the panel going yellow, but obviously you need to click the "For Sale" link not any other part of that line.

Your permissions do not block you access so there is something strange happening on your end, because no one else seems to have this issue and I can't recreate it.

justaskin
Occasional Poster

Postby justaskin » Tue Feb 25, 2014 6:55 am

Hi David
Finger trouble at this end. I have been hitting everything except For Sale wording that then underlines RED. The first time I used For Sale I must have been lucky to hit the words correctly. The problems of being a NEWBY.
Thank you & sorry for the inconvenience
Richard

DavidO
Site Admin

Postby DavidO » Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:44 am

No problem, glad you have sorted it.

Dave.

Return to “Forum suggestions/comments/complaints”