Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeships

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
AJC Carpentry

Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeships

Postby AJC Carpentry » Wed Dec 06, 2017 11:40 am

Hi,

I'm looking for anyone who is interested in doing a carpentry/joinery apprenticeship?

I'm working with AJC Carpentry who are looking to hire anyone who wants to learn and earn at the same time.

If you are interested, please let me know,

https://www.ajccarpentry.co.uk/

Thanks

Dave

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Re: Carpentry and Joinery Apprenticeships

Postby thekarter » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:07 pm

Why oh why don't the government encourage more companies like this?
My sister recently spent some time at the Rolls Royce factory at Goodwood. She was told that when the company opened the factory twelve years ago they were astounded that there was no apprenticeship scheme in place in the UK. They employed a number of apprentices and they today are teaching the new apprentices.
Alan

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:53 pm

thekarter wrote:Why oh why don't the government encourage more companies like this?
My sister recently spent some time at the Rolls Royce factory at Goodwood. She was told that when the company opened the factory twelve years ago they were astounded that there was no apprenticeship scheme in place in the UK. They employed a number of apprentices and they today are teaching the new apprentices.
Alan

Most building companies that I know of in and around East Anglia have moved over to using su-contract staff to do their work and don't bother to invest in training direct labour anymore. They bring in office based staff to manage projects, improve profit and cut costs and out goes the direct labour and apprenticeships. The perceived idea is to be more economic by cutting direct labour and only paying for labour when you need it by using su-contractors.

Mark

mark270981
Subscriber

Postby mark270981 » Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:49 pm

Most companies I know who have active apprenticeship schemes are really solid companies with longevity.

Now that we have moved to larger premises - i’ll Be running the same scheme I received all those ago.
--------------------------------------------------------------
ALOTBSOL

Mark - Sutton Coldfield

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:21 am

mark270981 wrote:Most companies I know who have active apprenticeship schemes are really solid companies with longevity.

Now that we have moved to larger premises - i’ll Be running the same scheme I received all those ago.

That's great news Mark, investing in the future, giving training and opportunities to youngsters. All the best for the future.

Mark

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Postby thekarter » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:55 pm

mark270981 wrote:Most companies I know who have active apprenticeship schemes are really solid companies with longevity.

I think that the word 'longevity' is the thing - invest today for tomorrow.
Alan

AJC Carpentry

Postby AJC Carpentry » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:15 pm

Thanks for the positive comments guys!

We are really passionate at investing for the future and giving people the opportunity to develop their skills.

We also run a Career Transition Partnership for people who need work when coming back from the army etc:

https://www.ajccarpentry.co.uk/news/a-c ... hrough-ctp

Dave

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:05 pm

Dave

Your apprenticeship scheme is brilliant. It's great to come across such an enlightened company. You might also like to post over on ukworkshop.co.uk and thewoodhaven2.co.uk.

All the best with your scheme

Roger
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

AJC Carpentry

Postby AJC Carpentry » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:47 pm

Thanks for the feedback Roger, I really appreciate it.

All the best,

Dave

Return to “Woodworking”