Grass dynapro drawer runners...

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
ftacarpentry
Subscriber

Grass dynapro drawer runners...

Post by ftacarpentry » Fri May 08, 2015 7:09 pm

I have used these drawer runners forever and a day, but it has only really occurred to me recently that they really aren't that good...

The first thing that struck me recently is that they aren't actually softclose... they slam to a halt about 1.5" from closing then softclose, compared to the blum or Hettich ones which seamlessly slowdown/softclose.

Also- the adjustment left and right is useless. Should your require any lateral adjustment, even the slightest tweak from dead-centre and the box is twisted so one side doesn't close fully.

Anyone else had any problems with them? Where do people buy their non-grass runners from?

Rant over!

Pete

murdoch

Re: Grass dynapro drawer runners...

Post by murdoch » Fri May 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Funny you should say this, we have also used them for several years thinking there good, but we constantly have the exact same problems as you. I think we use them due to price, we get are's from wurth and pay a lot less than Blum, but think I'll try them on the next kitchen, anyone know the cheapest place for Blum?
http://Www.murdochjoinery.co.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Post by Tomyjoiner » Sat May 09, 2015 2:24 pm

I use blum drawers an blum hindges usually but on the kitchen im doing just now im using grass soft close hindges(specified) an i find they are biggar than blums soft close an they dont have as much adjustment ither, dont know bout the drawers as i dont use them.

ftacarpentry
Subscriber

Post by ftacarpentry » Sat May 09, 2015 2:28 pm

Just seen that grass make a "4d" clip to accompany their 3d clips...

Can't help but feel they put the product out for sale prior to it really being ready and are now trying to rectify the issues with it.

Nevermind!

Pete

MJ80
Subscriber

Post by MJ80 » Sat May 09, 2015 8:45 pm

I had the same problems with them as well. I could also start a whole new thread about the problems I had with their touch open drawers.

mickthetree
Occasional Poster

Post by mickthetree » Mon May 11, 2015 10:27 am

Let me know if you are looking for a quote on Blum. I work at Isaac Lord in High Wycombe.

Our prices are based on quantity bought but we also offer bump ups for higher spending customers.

Cheers

ftacarpentry
Subscriber

Post by ftacarpentry » Mon May 11, 2015 8:57 pm

Cheers mick, will bear that in mind!

Pete

promhandicam

Post by promhandicam » Mon Sep 23, 2019 9:18 pm

Welcome to the forum Neal. I've taken the liberty of removing the link to what is presumably your business as you haven't taken a moment to introduce yourself first. We are happy for members to link to their business websites but only if they actually contribute to the forum in some small way first.