Can anyone help me find these please?

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
JaniceH

Can anyone help me find these please?

Postby JaniceH » Sun May 01, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi all
This is my first post so please be gentle. I'm in the process of my first bit of renovation, a 1960's kitchen unit. I have few tools and am learning on the job so to speak.

I have run into a small problem that I hope you can help me with. I had to take off all the doors as the hinges were rusty and covered in years of grease (yuck) but I can't seem to find replacement hinges. Can anyone help please? I've tried flush hinges from B&Q but as the doors overlap the edge they didn't work. This is what I took off.
Thank you

JonR
Occasional Poster

Re: Can anyone help me find these please?

Postby JonR » Mon May 02, 2016 7:26 pm

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/1962435 ... _gallery_3

Hi, found the above that should do the job.You could also find a metal re-finishers local or ship your hinges to them.

Roger-M
Subscriber

Postby Roger-M » Thu May 05, 2016 10:11 am

Or if you don't want to order from the USA, where the shipping costs are likely to be more than the hinges themselves, you may find something like this would be suitable.

Hardware source.com is also a useful site. A photo of the hinge actually on the cabinet, with door both opened and closed would be helpful. What is the distance between the edge of the door opening and the centre of the hinge line?
Cheers, Roger

siafins
Subscriber

Postby siafins » Thu May 05, 2016 1:25 pm

Im fairly sure Hiatt's Hardware in Birmingham sell the hinge that JonR links go to.

Im sure I have a box or two of them somewhere in the workshop if its of help.

willconkerer
Subscriber

Postby willconkerer » Wed May 25, 2016 7:15 am

Hi JaniceH

If you're still looking I took 6 identical hinges off a kitchen I dismantled yesterday. Even the same colour paint.
Yours for the postage if you want them.

Will

Return to “Woodworking”