ring fence work

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
spiderman887

ring fence work

Post by spiderman887 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:17 pm

hi all new to this forum.
need some advise on ring fences my current ring fence has a diameter of 180mm which is too big for the job i am making,it has a 100mm diameter any ideas will be appreciated.

senior
Subscriber

Re: ring fence work

Post by senior » Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:58 pm

Can you use a bearing?
Have a look at my facebook page and leave a comment or two.
Or browse my website Hand made kitchens Essex

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Post by Leveller2911 » Thu Feb 02, 2017 10:05 pm

If you are moulding the external radius you can sometimes machine it by fitting a sacrifical fence to your existing straight fence. Then break through with the cutter and mark the centre point of the cutter on the sacrifical/false fence which would then replicate your ring fence machining point of contact. You can then machine the external radius by either screwing a template on the top of the piece you want to machine or if you will have a flat on the piece of timber once its moulded you can use the flat section to run on..

If its an internal radius then as Bobby says use a bearing guide. You can buy all sorts of different radiuses that all fit on a central bearing. I think ours are made by OMAS and a mate of ours who is an engineer have made us a couple of odd sizes.

9fingers
Subscriber

Post by 9fingers » Fri Feb 03, 2017 9:41 am

You can often make do with something quite crude cut from decent ply or mdf but obviously mount it solidly.
Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GZrX ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;