Kitchen advice for New Build

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Roger-M
Subscriber

Kitchen advice for New Build

Postby Roger-M » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:16 pm

Guys - some kitchen advice needed please. My daughter has just bought a 1950's slum in a glorious 1/2 acre plot near Hindhead, Surrey. Plan is to knock down and build something either by Border Oak or Scandiahus - a bit like this.

There is no blank cheque for the kitchen, and it's far too big a job for me to tackle from a distance. She's looking for something traditional and like all of us, wants to get the most "bang for her buck".

She likes all the internal features in the kitchen I made and I've suggested that provided the carcases are appropriately sized, smart internals, like internal drawers, mixer lift, waste management, Le Mans Corners etc can be a retro-fit, which I would do. I would also be prepared to build the island.

Are there any small kitchen firms (i.e small firms - not small kitchens!) that you can recommend in the Hindhead area?

Would it save sufficient money to be worth the hassle to buy in separate carcases and doors? If so, from who?

Worktops are likely to be laminate for the first 5 years or so until the budget has recovered enough to fit granite or equivalent.

Any advice gratefully received.
Cheers, Roger

promhandicam

Re: Kitchen advice for New Build

Postby promhandicam » Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:35 pm

I'm in Liphook Roger, about 2 miles from Hindhead so would be happy to have a chat with her and show her some of the stuff I've built.

Roger-M
Subscriber

Re: Kitchen advice for New Build

Postby Roger-M » Thu Jul 13, 2017 10:42 am

Thanks Steve. PM sent.
Cheers, Roger

Return to “Woodworking”