Grass dynapro runner problem

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Grass dynapro runner problem

Postby davidpidge » Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:17 pm

Grass have recently updated the dynapro range of runners but on the last job I did which had 21 pairs of runners, 2 pairs had a broken nylon (?) component broken in exactly the same place. Sent a photo to hafele and they sent new ones out.
Just got a delivery of same runners from SDS London and another pair have the same broken piece of plastic. Anyone encountered this?
I'm going to trial the blum runners and probably switch. Even though grass have improved the design with these new runners they're clearly having manufacturing issues and it keeps wasting my time. Also had 3 x sets of 4D drawer fixing clips packaged incorrectly!

20171023_151634.jpg

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Re: Grass dynapro runner problem

Postby Leveller2911 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:12 pm

I've not used those runners but did have a big problem with a kitchen I did a couple of years ago when I used Grass TIOMOS Hinges. I made some thick doors of about 28mm thick ,pretty standard heights and widths and the hinges fell off the carcase plates when opned past 90 degrees.The doors would literally fall off so I too a video of them falling off and sent it to Hefele UK who were shocked and sent them back to Austria..........Never heard another thing ,no refund,no replacements so in the end I gave up and used Blum hinges which worked but not as nice quality but did stay on...

I try not to deal with Hefele UK now and not impressed with their service. So my point is Grass have/had issues with quality control and possibly design so my advice is steer clear if possible. Can you replace them with Blum runners?.

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Re: Grass dynapro runner problem

Postby davidpidge » Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:07 am

The blum runners are a bit more expensive so I will have to use the grass on the next couple of jobs as they're what i quoted for but in the new year i will be switching. Not sure what needs to change in terms of drawer design for the blum runners.
While these runners are working they are good its just this consistant broken part problem which does make me wonder how long they'll last in service!

Return to “Woodworking”