Woodwork courses North East

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Lumix1234

Woodwork courses North East

Post by Lumix1234 » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:16 pm

Hi all
I am new to woodwork and would like to attend a course to put me on right track from day 1.

I live in Newcastle and unfortunately can't find any local tuition/courses for adults.

Is anyone aware of courses/tuition in NE? If not NE, are there any weekend or 5 day beginners courses further afield your reccomend?

I'm happy to travel and pay top dollar for right course.

I spotted one in North Yorkshire ran by Chris Tribe, but they are all fully booked this year.

Thanks in advance

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Re: Woodwork courses North East

Post by thatsnotafestool » Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:27 pm

Well, congratulations on living in a cracking part of the country. One of the few places where you can call Yorkshiremen 'soft Southern wussies'. :lol:

I like Newcastle.

There used to be courses at the tech, I believe but think that they have stopped.

There is Peter Sefton down in Upton-on-Severn but a bit far. You could try the Brampton Woodworkers club where I hear good things although I've never been myself. https://www.newsandstar.co.uk/news/1669 ... re-needed/

You could then pick stuff up for me from Axminster and drop it off as you drive past me :lol:
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche