General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
paul.robbins

Post by paul.robbins » Sun Oct 13, 2019 4:29 pm

Hello
New to this site, although new to wood working new to wood work per sae. Have built lots of stage props and scenery over the years.
Just looking for ideas and to see if any one reckomends a magazine or similar with plans suggestions ideas etc for smaller makes. Tend towards power tools as have little experience with hand tools planes etc.
Many thanks
paul

woodsmith
Subscriber

Re: Newbie

Post by woodsmith » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:28 am

Most of the woodworking magazines have closed, i think there is only The Woodworker left but no idea if it's any good any more. I'd look to see if you can find some back issues, you might get a few years worth for the price of a couple of new mags.
Keith

promhandicam

Post by promhandicam » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:39 pm

I've just stopped my subscription to Furniture and Cabinet Making as there was little in it of interest to me as I have no intention of spending thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours making a work bench that I'd be afraid to use! I do have a stack of back issues, and if you are local to me you'd be welcome to some of them unless you want to pay p&p. You will need to make a few more posts before you can send me a pm, although you can probably get in touch via my contact details on my website.

paul.robbins

Post by paul.robbins » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:46 pm

Thanks all.
Am looking at the back issues suggestion, as don't want a subscription to something way above my ability or inclination.
Like to build stuff I can use.
Cheers Paul