A workshop tour

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
simuk
Subscriber

A workshop tour

Post by simuk » Mon Dec 16, 2019 8:30 am

Starts at 5.08 The martin machinery looks the business

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjspAlAov10

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Re: A workshop tour

Post by Leveller2911 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:57 pm

There's a chap on Youtube, I sometimes look at his video's and his workshop has the nice felder kit, top quality spec clamps,gadgets,every Festool box ever bade etc but Joinery wise he has little knowledge and his cabinet work is very average so having money only means you can buy quality stuff but doesn't equate to making quality products..

Its not Jealousy and I would rather have the knowledge of how to make quality with average priced machinery than have the high quality ,high cost machinery but little knowledge.

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:54 am

I like his shop and machines but it looks cluttered, I guess if you make small items it would be fine. It would be amazing to have a digital spindle moulder and panel saw like he has, I would imagine if you can afford the tooling to go with them they can be a real time saver. I would agree with Leveller that you can own the best machinery around and still not be able to get the most out of it. I started out with some very basic machinery which I used to make doors and window frames with and have upgraded over the years and improved on my tooling to go with it and it does speed thing up but I could not afford or justify buying the machines in that chaps shop LoL. Nice to see it though!

jfc
Administrator

Post by jfc » Thu Dec 19, 2019 8:09 pm

Even my digital calipers have a smashed screen , just another thing to go wrong .
Nice if you are playing but no good for a busy workshop .

mark270981
Subscriber

Post by mark270981 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:42 pm

I should post a vid of my workshop - it’s a little different from when I started in a garage 😂
--------------------------------------------------------------
ALOTBSOL

Mark - Sutton Coldfield

CEW

Post by CEW » Tue Jan 28, 2020 10:27 am

Intersting video, I found these guys in my home town that have a similar lay out https://www.workshopce.co.uk/cut-to-size-panels/