Fire rated sliding doors.

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.

Fire rated sliding doors.

Postby lynx » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:14 pm

I need to costs to upgrade a set in doors that open into a cinema room, from hinged to sliding. I'm hoping that the doors can slide
behind my furniture but i have to obtain at least FD30. I was thinking of just purchasing a pocket door system that is already tested, and wrapping my furniture around it. Anyone see any other options here?
LyNx
lynx
Very Regular Poster
Click here to make a donation

Re: Fire rated sliding doors.

Postby jfc » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:35 pm

If your asking if you can make your own fire doors then yes you can . I will dig out more details for you if thats the way you want to go .
jfc
Administrator

Postby lynx » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:42 pm

The doors themselves, i will buy in, and veneer. It's the framing around the doors I'm worried about. These systems allow you to integrate into the new build, as part of the wall. I will be adding this to the face on an existing brick built wall, and placing my furniture over the top. Thinking about it now, I think this will work so will submit details to building control was approval.

Changing the subject, but I'm allowed, it's my topic. Matty, how you getting on with that sander. Got the 400 Abranet on the festool but still fine duct about and I'm after that smoooooooth dust free finish. ;)
LyNx
lynx
Very Regular Poster

Postby mattty » Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:44 am

lynx wrote:The doors themselves, i will buy in, and veneer. It's the framing around the doors I'm worried about. These systems allow you to integrate into the new build, as part of the wall. I will be adding this to the face on an existing brick built wall, and placing my furniture over the top. Thinking about it now, I think this will work so will submit details to building control was approval.

Changing the subject, but I'm allowed, it's my topic. Matty, how you getting on with that sander. Got the 400 Abranet on the festool but still fine duct about and I'm after that smoooooooth dust free finish. ;)

Havent got it yet :( I'm still waiting for the rep to bring it around- no doubt so they can flog me more stuff :lol:
When i do get it though...
Smmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooth baby yeahhhhhhhhhh
Cheers, Matt.
mattty
has subscribed...

Return to Woodworking