Open workshop April 27th

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
User avatar
Doug
Subscriber
Posts: 2513
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:52 pm
Location: location location
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby Doug » Sun Apr 28, 2013 2:33 pm

Big thanks to Jonny for hosting a most enjoyable day along with Les who`s bbq skills even stretch to cooking veggie tosh. :)

Thanks also to Jonny, JH & Les for the veneering & edge banding demo`s & Nick for not only demo`ing Sketch up but also answering someone's dumb questions. :oops:

It was really great to meet up with some old faces & meet a few new ones.

The curry was excellent & the Yakima even better :D :D

Finally before this sounds like an Oscar acceptance speech :lol: :lol: Thanks to Brian for driving.

Doug.

PS I hope for Jon`s sake his hangover is not as bad as Matty`s, though that`s probably wishful thinking :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

mattty
Subscriber
Posts: 1978
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 4:21 pm
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby mattty » Sun Apr 28, 2013 4:04 pm

Doug wrote:Big thanks to Jonny for hosting a most enjoyable day along with Les who`s bbq skills even stretch to cooking veggie tosh. :)

Thanks also to Jonny, JH & Les for the veneering & edge banding demo`s & Nick for not only demo`ing Sketch up but also answering someone's dumb questions. :oops:

It was really great to meet up with some old faces & meet a few new ones.

The curry was excellent & the Yakima even better :D :D

Finally before this sounds like an Oscar acceptance speech :lol: :lol: Thanks to Brian for driving.

Doug.

PS I hope for Jon`s sake his hangover is not as bad as Matty`s, though that`s probably wishful thinking :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hangover my ar*e, drink through it..
Cheers, Matt.

OryxDesign
Subscriber
Posts: 343
Joined: Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:51 pm
Location: Staplehurst
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby OryxDesign » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:22 pm

Gutted gutted gutted GUTTED :!:

houtslager
Subscriber
Posts: 526
Joined: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:02 am
Location: Amsterdam /Chipping Norton /Uplengen
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby houtslager » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:34 pm

snap me too, gutted, sorry I could not turn up as no work = no funds to travel so far, still looking for work, but this crisis is a bit dire at the mo :( over here.

K
You name it, I'll butcher it.

alex
Subscriber
Posts: 229
Joined: Mon Oct 22, 2007 9:02 am
Location: Derby
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby alex » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Big thanks to Jon and his Dad Les. Good company and good banter, thoroughly enjoyed the demo's as well thanks. :D

User avatar
jonnyd
Subscriber
Posts: 3264
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby jonnyd » Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:43 pm

Finally found 5 mins to reply.

Many thanks to everyone who came me and my dad thoroughly enjoyed it. Thanks to nick and Paul for taking the photographs and the sketchup demo. I don't really know whether to thank Alex for bringing the jigsaw as I now need one. Thanks to ed and doug or Cath and Claire for the foody stuff. I believe billy thought the chocolate cake was excellent :lol: I'm still awaiting my commission from the boot sale :D

The curry and beers were excellent and i learnt from Mattty that its bad luck to not finish a bottle of vodka once opened.

Simon I hope your feeling better now I was looking forward to meeting you and Sarah again hopefully next time.

Once again thanks to everyone who came some at great distances to make the day a success .

So who's hosting the summer event?

Cheers

Jon
For the latest from the workshop follow on twitter @JonnysWorkshop
Pics from the workshop on Instagram @jonnydburn

JHWBigley
Subscriber
Posts: 623
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2009 9:30 pm
Location: lincolnshire
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby JHWBigley » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 pm

Thank you Jon for being once again an excellent host.

nickw wrote:what it was I was going to buy?
Glue roller?

modernist wrote:I think I was the only one to actually draw blood during the day and is the LN mitre plane had been bevel up instead of down I would have had a chatter free mitre on my finger end!
Glad your not blaming my sharpening :lol: .
It's not about the tools, but I still keep buying more. . . .

http://john-henrybigleyfurniture.blogspot.com/

modernist
Subscriber
Posts: 5085
Joined: Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:31 pm
Location: Crich, Matlock
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby modernist » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:50 pm

I've blogged it.
Cheers

Brian


Tune in, turn on with Scandi Modern, it's fab.

Visit my blog at http://modernistmullings.blogspot.co.uk

User avatar
nickw
Subscriber
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby nickw » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:58 am

JHWBigley wrote:
nickw wrote:what it was I was going to buy?
Glue roller?



That's the one, Thanks J-H.
Nick Webb, Fine Furniture, Cambridge
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Banjamin Franklin

User avatar
nickw
Subscriber
Posts: 2021
Joined: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:09 pm
Location: Cambridge
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby nickw » Thu May 02, 2013 11:30 am

Jonny,

What was the glue and hardener you used in your demo?
Nick Webb, Fine Furniture, Cambridge
Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Banjamin Franklin

mrgrimsdale
Incredibly Regular Poster
Posts: 6901
Joined: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:02 pm

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby mrgrimsdale » Thu May 02, 2013 6:07 pm

JHWBigley wrote:Thank you Jon for being once again an excellent host.

nickw wrote:what it was I was going to buy?
Glue roller?

modernist wrote:I think I was the only one to actually draw blood during the day and is the LN mitre plane had been bevel up instead of down I would have had a chatter free mitre on my finger end!
Glad your not blaming my sharpening :lol: .
You were going to do a demo. Did I miss it? Being slightly deaf often means I don't know what the f**k is going on. You need to shout "roll up! roll up! demo staring in 20 seconds " etc etc.
PS what was the name of the pub in Boston? A very classy boozer IMHO.

User avatar
jonnyd
Subscriber
Posts: 3264
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby jonnyd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:00 pm

nickw wrote:Jonny,

What was the glue and hardener you used in your demo?


Hi nick it was Borden ul39 with the uh22 hardener .I get it from adkwik in Cambridge but they seem to have changed the name but it looks the same stuff http://www.adkwik.co.uk/index.php?dispa ... t_id=29861

Cheers

Jon
For the latest from the workshop follow on twitter @JonnysWorkshop
Pics from the workshop on Instagram @jonnydburn

User avatar
jonnyd
Subscriber
Posts: 3264
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2008 10:07 pm
Location: Lincolnshire
Contact:

Re: Open workshop April 27th

Postby jonnyd » Thu May 09, 2013 9:03 pm

mrgrimsdale wrote:PS what was the name of the pub in Boston? A very classy boozer IMHO.


It was called The Eagle they have a camra festival in the summer in the PHG fancy a day out.

Cheers

Jon
For the latest from the workshop follow on twitter @JonnysWorkshop
Pics from the workshop on Instagram @jonnydburn


Return to “Woodworking”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest