Dovetail/tenon saw

Discuss hand tools here, its quieter and less dusty than the other sections.
andy24

Dovetail/tenon saw

Postby andy24 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:05 pm

Just wanted to say to all you woodworkers, if you make your joints by hand then get yourself a Douzuki saw. I got one the other day and the ease of use is superb. They cut on pull stroke which makes them easy to control. The quality of the cut is far better than any I have done before. Dovetails are so easy to cut and fit perfectly. Sorry this is a pointless post but I thought people may want to know.

woodsmith
Subscriber

Re: Dovetail/tenon saw

Postby woodsmith » Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:33 pm

When you have had forty years of pushing it is hard to get the hang of pulling :D

I know what you mean though, they are brilliant saws.
Keith

Maverick81

Postby Maverick81 » Wed Jul 16, 2014 8:48 pm

Hi Andy. I am currently looking for a hand saw for tenon work. I have recently created a post titles "what saw do I need" outlining my needs if you care to have a read. A little unsure about going for the Japanese style option purely due to my total lack of knowledge and experience of using them. Can you tell me exactly what you have and if possible provide a link to the same or something similar.
Cheers.

robo
Occasional Poster

Postby robo » Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:10 pm

Dozuki are backed saws with a limited depth of cut for your needs - I have a Sunchild and one from WH - both excellent saws.
I'm sure ones from other places are good too?

Return to “Hand Tools”