Airless sprayer advice

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Airless sprayer advice

Postby thatsnotafestool » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm new to this spraying malarkey. Bought an airless sprayer but it didn't work and after a long telephone discussion with the support guy, the conclusion was that some of the packaging had got stuck inside it due to open connections etc. So got a replacement but having problems with this one as well.
Not priming at all and no suction up the inlet pipe. I'll be calling the supplier tomorrow but in the meantime been doing the various checks that we did last time on the first faulty unit and when I remove the outlet dooberry it looks to my untutored eyes to be manky as hell and if the insides are the same then no wonder it's not working. It's been used but never cleaned is my guess but I'm not an expert on these things.

IMG_20180129_172422.jpg

IMG_20180129_172313 compressed.jpg
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Re: Airless sprayer advice

Postby thatsnotafestool » Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:40 pm

I'm now in a position to answer this !

I bought the first airless sprayer from Local Tool Supplies or LTS in Blackburn. On delivery, unable to prime it. Some excellent support from their engineer over the phone still failed to get it to prime and so they arranged to collect it from me and send a replacement.

Replacement arrived - the one in the photo - and ditto. Unable to prime it despite telephone support. But this time the response was 'Send it back to us. The last one worked OK'. How much will that cost ? £5 using Parcel2Go. Yeah, right. 15kg..insurance value £350. £5 ? I don't think so. So bit the bullet and drove it down to Blackburn. Engineer tried in vain to get it to work. He commented that it was unusual for two to fail. Two ? Ah, OK, so the owner was a lying b*stard when he told me that the first one 'worked OK when we got it'.

I knew judging by the owners' demeanor that the chances of me getting my fuel refunded for the wasted journey was zero so I didn't even bother to ask.

Third one ..."Let's unpack and test it" says I. Which we did and it worked.

Will I go back to LTS ? Not a chance.

The crud in the photo?

'Left over from when they tested it in the factory'. Yeah, right. BS.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

mark270981
Subscriber

Postby mark270981 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 3:05 pm

If only everyone thought to themselves that bad reviews reach far and wide!

Does it give a good finish?
--------------------------------------------------------------
ALOTBSOL

Mark - Sutton Coldfield

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:23 pm

If anyone knows of a quicker way to get absolutely everything covered in paint then I'd love to know !

Rule 1 - make sure all your connections are tight. Especially the high pressure ones.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Jonathan
Occasional Poster

Postby Jonathan » Fri Feb 02, 2018 5:54 pm

Looks like a Jackson Pollack :D

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:42 pm

Jonathan wrote:Looks like a Jackson Pollack :D

Pollacks or something like it was what I uttered :lol:
Friedrich Nietzsche

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:34 pm

I got the smaller 1 for £200 the other week for exterior wb primer to give it a go before I spend money on a descent 1, worked fine, can't fault it so far an sprayed a few box sashes an doors. I got a big oil blower off them a few years ago aswell an had no probs. I look at their stuff as you get what you pay for.

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:12 pm

Screen Shot 2018-02-12 at 22.11.05.png
IMG_1614.jpg

A little too much pressure but ok for a first time.

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Mon Feb 12, 2018 10:14 pm

Also regarding the crap in yours, it comes with an oil protector in it an you have to rinse through with white spirits then water before spraying or it turns in to gloop an will block filter in the gun.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”