Freud RS2000 replacement Cabinet cutters

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Meccarroll
Subscriber

Freud RS2000 replacement Cabinet cutters

Postby Meccarroll » Sat Oct 27, 2018 7:46 pm

Hi all I recently purchased a set of Freud RS 2000 blocks and cutters and took a look online to see how much replacement cutters would be. I could only find replacements for sale in USA and most were not available for export to the UK unless the cost of shipping was about £100. It sounds ridiculous to me but that was all I could fing on a web search. Does anyone know where to buy replacement cutters for the Freaud RS 2000 system from?

Cheers

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Re: Freud RS2000 replacement Cabinet cutters

Postby Tomyjoiner » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:12 pm

If you have more luck than i do, give me a shout!

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Fri Jan 04, 2019 9:47 pm

Tomyjoiner wrote:If you have more luck than i do, give me a shout!

I take it you can't find a supply in the UK either?

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:17 pm

same as you just from yankee land, bosch have freud now an don't stock a lot of stuff in the uk, mainly saw blades so they told me.

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:53 am

Tomyjoiner wrote:same as you just from yankee land, bosch have freud now an don't stock a lot of stuff in the uk, mainly saw blades so they told me.

It's a shame the Freud cutters are only available in the US. There are a lot of these sets in the UK but I doubt many people will part with over £100 for a couple of replacement cutters. I have the Omas sets as well, one for doors of thickness up to 22mm and another set for doors upto 36mm in thickness. It's a bit pointless having to order from the US as if you are on a contract and break one you will be on a long wait! for a replacement unless you stock up in anticipation which is an expensive waste if you don't break any cutters.

I think I might sell my Freud set on. keep to using the Omas as I can get replacement tips from the UK.

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:58 am

what sort of price was the Omas 22mm set an how many profiles. tbh i haven't used my freud set for about 18 months now its just on a shelf in the workshop somewhere.

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Mon Jan 07, 2019 9:39 pm

Tomyjoiner wrote:what sort of price was the Omas 22mm set an how many profiles. tbh i haven't used my freud set for about 18 months now its just on a shelf in the workshop somewhere.

I purchased the 22mm Omas set on ebay for about £100. The set I have has a manufacturing defect that means you have to re-adjust the cutters to obtain the correct depth for fit. It's a niggle that was sorted out by Omas once they noticed it but my set got through the net and never got sent back to Omas. The chap who sold them to me never told me either and I had them for a few months before I used them. They are very good apart from that though. If I were you I'd go for the set that goes upto 36mm. With the 36mm set you can start machining doors around 22mm thick and go upto 36mm thick doors so are more useful, they are also very easy to set up and use. Both sets come with three profiles which is all you need really. I'd say you would probably have to pay around £250 for the larger 22-36mm set on ebay but they are much better and worth it if. Cutters are easily obtained in the UK too.

Mark

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Postby Tomyjoiner » Tue Jan 08, 2019 8:57 am

Nice 1, ill keep my eye out for a set. Thanks.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”