ITECH 310S PLANER THICKNESSER

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
gedereco

ITECH 310S PLANER THICKNESSER

Post by gedereco » Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:03 pm

Finally decided to buy a new planer thicknesser and was torn between the axminster/Jet and the ITECH from Scott sargeants. Finally went for the ITECH 310s. Weighs 350kg Great machine, Only a few bits to fit. The height guage is a 10th of a mm out from the factory, so I didnt need to touch it. 30sec to change from planer to thicknesser. Smooth start up and the helical head is amazing. I thought it would be slightly quieter than my axminster so I tried thicknessing oak and took 2mm off at a time and my chip extractor is louder. They are super quiet. If you have a workshop in residential areas, this is the way to go. Its quieter than my Dyson Hoover. Finish is like glass and didnt need sanding. So far I have put oak /pine/ash and red cedar and I have no problems with my extractor clogging up.
I have only had it a few days and will update review after a few weeks. I couldn't find any reviews about it, Comes well packaged with a wbp ply crate and bolted to pallet. If anyone wants to know anymore about it just let me know. I've got a load of photos but are too large to attach

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Re: ITECH 310S PLANER THICKNESSER

Post by davidpidge » Wed Oct 23, 2019 7:21 pm

Thanks for your review. I didn't think there was a p/t with a spriral block anywhere near that price.

gedereco

Post by gedereco » Thu Oct 24, 2019 2:55 pm

For the price which is close to axminsters P/T but without the hassle of taking your fence out and lifting gul wings. So far worth every penny. It's now enjoyable preparing timber instead of a chore. 😊👍

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Thu Oct 24, 2019 4:28 pm

I use a Holtstech 12" (300mm) planer/thickness machine which is nice and accurate but the thicknesser can only manage about 2.5mm each pass (softwood) so can take some time when resurfacing a lot of sawn timber. It cost me £800 second hand about ten years ago so your ITECH certainly seems a good price. I have used a lot of old wadkin P/T machines in the past and they have been great at thicknessing sawn timber so may eventually trade mine in for one. Glad you are pleased with your ITECH.

bonzo

Post by bonzo » Sat Jan 04, 2020 12:31 pm

How are you getting on with the iTech 310S? Still living up to your expectations? Any negatives so far? I'm considering one of these from S&S but haven't heard of the manufacturer before.

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Post by davidpidge » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:28 pm

Thanks for posting the review. I recently had a go on an SCM planer with spiral block and it was incredible. You wouldn't need ear defenders using it!

Novoboats

Post by Novoboats » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:01 pm

How is your planer thicknesser performing after a years use?

thekarter
Occasional Poster

Post by thekarter » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:00 am

Just a question - is it quieter than your Dyson or your Hoover? Both companies of course make vacuum cleaners!