Sedgwick MB planer & TA315 saw set up and service.

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
solidoak

Sedgwick MB planer & TA315 saw set up and service.

Post by solidoak » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:31 am

Hi just putting it out there :D are any of you in the East Midlands area who own either of these machines ? I have just purchased both and are in need of a good service to get everything moving smoothly. Also need to know that all tensions settings ect are correct. I wouldn't know where to start so looking for someone who is local enough to give me a hand :idea: x3 bladed MB 240v and the TA315 3ph. Cheers

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Re: Sedgwick MB planer & TA315 saw set up and service.

Post by thatsnotafestool » Thu Feb 25, 2021 9:23 pm

Well done getting the MB. Why not have a go yourself ? I did alright. Not that much to adjust. i ended up putting one of the blades from my feeler gauge underneath one corner of the outfeed table and that was it. And that was after the tables had been taken off for transit.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

solidoak

Post by solidoak » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:20 am

Hello again. Everything is very solid by which i mean needs a damn good clean. I took off the surface table and gave that a thorough clean yesterday. That is now moving freely as it should. One question when i put that table back what lube do you use between the two surfaces when they meet up. I was going to put a thin film of grease then decided to go with oil ? Is there a way to adjust the surface table i took off ? When i put a straight edge along both tables it tales off. To be honest this is where i could do with someone who is experienced in setting up one of these babies .I am going to clean up all the drive side today just to free up the chain and belts motor ect. Did you paint yours and if so where did you get it from ? Cheers

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Post by thatsnotafestool » Sat Feb 27, 2021 9:51 am

Critical is getting the outfeed table lined up with the cutter. first. I'm pretty sure that there are some good videos on Youtube. Not necessarily vids of the MB but the principle is the same. I put a bit of 'dry' lubricant on mine. When you say surface table - do you mean infeed or outfeed ?

Paint ? What's that ?
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

solidoak

Post by solidoak » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:55 am

Thanks for your quick reply. Its the infeed table the one which you adjust the thickness with. Dry lube ? so have i used the wrong product ? Also on the lube issue what do you put on the chain once that is cleaned ? I asked about the paint cause i want to get it looking new again :D just like my tools in good nick :P

solidoak

Post by solidoak » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:57 am

Sorry forgot to mention the handles are all plastic which i was quite shocked at ???? I thought a good old British name like Sedgwick would have had cast handles !

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Post by thatsnotafestool » Sat Feb 27, 2021 12:53 pm

I'd use PTFE lubricant for the parts exposed to lots of sawdust. Oil or grease will act as dust and crud magnets. I think I'd be inclined to use AOG (any old grease) on the chain but I stress I am not an expert.
Friedrich Nietzsche

solidoak

Post by solidoak » Sun Feb 28, 2021 7:20 am

Thanks again