brand quality

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
dutch

brand quality

Post by dutch » Thu Jan 30, 2014 12:08 pm

are record power better quality than axminter or schappach

jfc
Administrator

Re: brand quality

Post by jfc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:28 am

That all depends what you are buying . I had my workshop pretty much kitted out with record power machines . The cheaper stuff wasn't great but then that's the same with any brand . The larger machines where fine .

dutch

Post by dutch » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:30 pm

thanks for ur reply jfc im after a table saw its between
record power ts315 which is £3000 with all the trimmings
axminster mj12-1600m11 which is £1750 with all the trimmings
ive just no experience with either brands machines so any info would be appreciated
thanks again
now im gunna get to d chopper lol

jrm
Subscriber

Post by jrm » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:26 pm

Hi Dutch,

There is a big difference between the two. Although Record don't manufacture any more, they do have a pretty stable product line-up with a long relationship with whomever it is that makes them. Knowledge of the product and access to spares are therefore very good in my experience. Axminster is the opposite, chopping and changing products and suppliers every five minutes. You will be lucky if the same saw is still in the catalogue in a year's time and luckier still if they have (or can even manage to obtain) any spares for it. This would sway me toward Record personally.

John

jfc
Administrator

Post by jfc » Fri Jan 31, 2014 11:03 pm

Ill agree with the comment about record power being good for support . The guys that made the machines back in the day now work for record power and know the products inside out .
I had the TS250 ( I think ) Bought it from another forum member that used it for some very fine cabinet work that his apprentice produced for him :lol: and then I used it for making windows and doors . I only sold it on as I had a wadkin bursgreen TS turn up at a bargin price and needed the room .
Now I have the wadkin I can say that the record was a little under powered for what i was doing . Having said that both owners of the machine made a massive step up in quality IMHO. Myself to wadkin and Lynx to Felder ( flash git ! :lol: )