Sedgwick CP table adjustment

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Sedgwick CP table adjustment

Post by davidpidge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 5:36 pm

Hi all,
I have recently aquired a CP p/t and noticed there is no adjustment on the outfeed table. My MB has adjustment on both tables which makes setting up blades really easy as i just set the blades parallel then adjust the outfeed table to the correct height.
Why did they do away with an adjustable outfeed table?
Cheers
David

senior
Subscriber

Re: Sedgwick CP table adjustment

Post by senior » Wed Jul 20, 2016 6:17 pm

I have a CP, I hate it with a passion, luckily I also have a 4 sider so the CP is rarely used, setting blades is a real pain.
I keep looking for an alternative.
Have a look at my facebook page and leave a comment or two.
Or browse my website Hand made kitchens Essex

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Post by davidpidge » Wed Jul 20, 2016 8:48 pm

That's interesting to hear. Can you give me any specifics as to why you hate it? I still have time to sell it while its on a pallet, unconnected.
I have a 30yr old MB and i think it's brilliant.

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Post by davidpidge » Fri Jul 22, 2016 10:58 am

Well I've done some sums and I need to sell the CP to make back some of the money I spent on machinery recently. Any offers? I reckon it's got to be worth around £2000-£2500?
I love my MB and can live with the smaller width for now. Timbersource do most of my bigger PAR stuff anyway.

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Post by Tomyjoiner » Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:54 am

Mmmm with yourself disliking it and senior i think ya might struggle to sell it on here now? My mb is great only downside is when im doing face an edges for a few hours the outfeed starts to move ever so slightly, you can tell when its crept by the different noise.

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Post by davidpidge » Sat Jul 23, 2016 10:41 am

It's not that i don't like it. If I didn't need the money I'd keep the CP. It's got a 3 knife cutter. Electric brake and 2 feed speeds which would be fantastic. Also the tables are huge! Also it has all the proper guards and a modern kill switch. I love sedgwicks approach to machinery. Minor improvements but basically simple as possible and robust. My MB is testiment to the quality. It's about 30 years old!