Mirka

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Mirka

Postby Tomyjoiner » Mon Jan 16, 2017 7:55 pm

My old bosch ros is getting a bit noisy an long in the tooth so im on the lookout for a new 150mm ros, any recommendations? Ive been thinking about the mirka ceros 625? Any thoughts. Tai.
Tomy

woodsmith
Subscriber

Re: Mirka

Postby woodsmith » Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:21 am

The Mirka is great when it works but is not the most reliable tool in the box. I'm on my second but wouldn't buy another.
Keith

siafins
Subscriber

Postby siafins » Tue Jan 17, 2017 8:04 am

I bought a Metabo 450 Turbo in a hurry and changed sanding pad to a Mirka pad, at half the money, variable speed and still going strong, worth the money.

I must admit its on turbo most of the time! But cant complain.

promhandicam

Postby promhandicam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 12:02 am

I've been happy with my CEROS sander and if mine packed in I would get another as I've tried other ROS's and haven't found anything to compare in terms of ease of use. Has anyone got any experience with the DEROS?

ACT4WOOD

Postby ACT4WOOD » Wed Jan 18, 2017 2:38 pm

The ONLY power tools of this type for me are of the Festool brand! I have been a professional woodworker most of my life and had a cabinet making business in France. All my power tools are now Festool and I have never had one fail nor had to have one repaired. When sanding I have found that the job is done far quicker with a better finish than any other make of power tool I have used and I have tried a few in my time. They are professional tools, however, they are quieter but a little expensive but as they last a very, very long time it is worth the initial outlay.

promhandicam

Postby promhandicam » Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:35 pm

ACT4WOOD wrote:The ONLY power tools of this type for me are of the Festool brand! I have been a professional woodworker most of my life and had a cabinet making business in France. All my power tools are now Festool and I have never had one fail nor had to have one repaired. When sanding I have found that the job is done far quicker with a better finish than any other make of power tool I have used and I have tried a few in my time. They are professional tools, however, they are quieter but a little expensive but as they last a very, very long time it is worth the initial outlay.

welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of festool kit too, but the rotex is just too heavy for my liking whereas the mirka you can use one handed all day long. Maybe if the mirka packs up I'll look at the ETS EC 150/5 but at £400 it's a lot of money - a replacement CEROS would be about half that.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”