Avoid Milwaukee power tools with a chuck

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Avoid Milwaukee power tools with a chuck

Postby thatsnotafestool » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:44 pm

Because when it fails, after a few months light use, they will refuse to replace it stating that ALL their units with chucks only have a 90 day warranty on the chuck.

Pass it on.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Re: Avoid Milwaukee power tools with a chuck

Postby Leveller2911 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:53 pm

That doesn't sound right to me. I thought any purchase costing £19-99 must come with a 12 month warranty and as the chuck was purchased as part of a drill etc then you should have a warranty. I would look into this one TNAF and may be worth contacting CAB as I think you are being fobbed off.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:24 pm

You're quite right. I'll not bother with CAB or Trading Standards as both are about as much use as a chocolate teapot.

Letter Before Action.

Small Claims Court.

Been there before.

Yeah...I know, Senior Bob will be along shortly to say is it worth it.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Sat Oct 14, 2017 8:36 am

Just checked Leveller and you're right. I will contact CAB as they are the point of contact to Trading Standards.

The company concerned is Trade Counter Direct Ltd. This is from their T's and C's.

12 Month Guarantee

If you have any goods supplied by us that are not functioning correctly within the first 12 months after your purchase you can return these to us. Certain products will be replaced or refunded and others will be repaired according to the manufacturer’s warranty. Components (parts and accessories) subject to natural wear and tear, including but not limited to Service & Maintenance Kits, carbon brushes, bearings, chuck, SDS drill bit attachment or reception, power cord, auxiliary handle, transport carry case, sanding plate, dust bag, dust exhaust tube, Felt Washers, Impact Wrench Pins & springs, etc. will not be covered by a manufacturer's warranty or our 12 Month Guarentee. All products will be tested upon return and any misuse will not be covered by the 12 month guarantee.

So no concept of 'Fit for Purpose' or 'Merchantable Quality' then.

"You mean you actually used it ?" :o Sorry no warranty.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:56 am

It may be worth contacting Milwaukee directly to see what they have to say. I have done this when a retailer has been difficult and had good results. You may end up paying one way postage but the time saved should outweigh the small loss.

Hope this gets resolved to your advantage.

Mark

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Sun Oct 15, 2017 12:26 pm

Meccarroll wrote:It may be worth contacting Milwaukee directly to see what they have to say. I have done this when a retailer has been difficult and had good results. You may end up paying one way postage but the time saved should outweigh the small loss.

Mark

It's Milwaukee who are saying that the chuck only has 90 days warranty!
Friedrich Nietzsche

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Postby Leveller2911 » Sun Oct 15, 2017 3:46 pm

I can't see they have a leg to stand on on because a chuck is not like the brushes or the fuse in the plug which are classed as consumables (item which is intended to be used up relatively quickly) because its part of the tool and chucks should and do last donkeys years in general.

Its no different than a car , we don't expect or get a warranty with regards to tyres but we do with the engine so where is the difference with a drill chuck. If this stands I won't ever by Milwaukee ever.

What a way to treat a customer. As I posted a while ago I had major issues with Makita Li-ion batteries failing early but even when they were out of warranty they replaced them and thats the reason why I still consider buying Makita when I'm looking for tools.

Having checked Makita warranties ,they don't cover Chucks either but I would think they would honour it if you can show its had little use (ie photo's) Good luck TNAF.

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Postby Meccarroll » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:23 pm

thatsnotafestool wrote:
Meccarroll wrote:It may be worth contacting Milwaukee directly to see what they have to say. I have done this when a retailer has been difficult and had good results. You may end up paying one way postage but the time saved should outweigh the small loss.

Mark

It's Milwaukee who are saying that the chuck only has 90 days warranty!

I just read what you put:

"The company concerned is Trade Counter Direct Ltd. This is from their T's and C's."

Have you contacted Milwaukee directly yet?

I'd be as tempted to contact CAB as you as this sounds pretty poor to me.

Mark

jake
Subscriber

Postby jake » Mon Oct 16, 2017 11:31 pm

"with a chuck" is otiose

Perhaps everything after ee is otiose but maybe its improved. But no connection with these tools in any sense.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:09 am

jake wrote:"with a chuck" is otiose

Perhaps everything after ee is otiose but maybe its improved. But no connection with these tools in any sense.

Any posts you make are also otiose.

No idea what point you are trying to make and frankly I couldn't care less.

How about making constructive comments as opposed to making yourself look like a smart-arse ?
Friedrich Nietzsche

jake
Subscriber

Postby jake » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:58 am

OK Roger, feeling a bit slow today?

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:02 pm

No, fully functioning, Just no time for your crap.
Friedrich Nietzsche

jake
Subscriber

Postby jake » Tue Oct 17, 2017 12:46 pm

OK grandad. For the simple minded was just saying Milwaukee these days are all shite, and have no connection with USA. HTH. Have a nice day.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Wed Oct 25, 2017 1:49 pm

Persistence pays off.

Replaced FOC. :D
Friedrich Nietzsche

Leveller2911
Subscriber

Postby Leveller2911 » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:46 pm

thatsnotafestool wrote:Persistence pays off.

Replaced FOC. :D

Good news and so they should but It does make you think twice in the future when looking for new kit.. I've vowed never to buy another Citroen or Ford cars from dealerships due to crap service so I'm slowly working my way through them all but hope I don't run out of choices by blacklisting them all.... :lol: Best people I've dealt with have been Skoda ,had a few Octavia's and always had great service from them and only changed as they are boring as Fook inside..

Anyway I digress, glad you got a result.. :)

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”