What saw table?

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Delais

What saw table?

Postby Delais » Sun Apr 15, 2018 8:13 pm

Hi, thanks for the add. I imagine this question is asked repeatly, so please excuse me. I'm looking for a good quality table saw, which when adjusted properly will remain accurate. Price is not my main consideration, as I heard stories of buying cheap and living to regret. Does any one have experience of Sheppach Precisa 4, I can't find any reviews. Thanks in advance.

_lotusbleu

Re: What saw table?

Postby _lotusbleu » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:29 am

I have used an older Sheppach Table saw - think it was a Precisa 3, but it's been a while so can't remember the exact model.

It was alright, but was single phase and definitely lacked power. This was in a shared workshop and it had been there for a while before me, so I can't testify for the accuracy of new saws, but it was still pretty accurate. However, not exactly the standards of a high end table saw.

Are you looking to buy new or second hand?

If price isn't really a concern go for a Felder!

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Postby davidpidge » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:14 pm

'table saw' could mean a few different things. What are you using it for? Mainly ripping large timber or general workshop duties?

Delais

Postby Delais » Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:07 pm

I want to be able to rip 8x4 panels and also cut small pieces for box making. Prefer new

Delais

Postby Delais » Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:18 pm

I need to be able to rip up to 6' but more importanly cross cut accurately for box making.

davidpidge
Occasional Poster

Postby davidpidge » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:34 pm

Do you have space for a panel saw? To cut 8x4 panels on the length you'll need a minimum 2.8m sliding table I think. I suppose it depends how often you will rip full sheets. If only once in a while you could probably live with setting up some roller stands or something and then you'd only need a smaller saw.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Sat May 05, 2018 8:55 am

Delais

For panels, buy yourself a saw and track like the festool TS55 or similar from other makers. Then get a sheet of Kingspan, stick it on the floor and cut your boards on top of that.

Focus on using the table saw to do your cross cuts but IMO I use a cross-cut mitre saw for accurate cuts rather than faff around doing it on the table saw.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”