Hand held circular saw with constant electronic??

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
arielbm

Hand held circular saw with constant electronic??

Postby arielbm » Tue Apr 24, 2018 5:27 am

Hello.
I and a none professional doing some DIY at home.
I want to purchase a hand-help circular saw for some garden decking and plywood/chipboard/melamine cutting for some furniture building.

I saw that some high end models have a feature called Constant electronics - meaning that maintain the blade rotation speed constant even under load during the cut.

I was wondering what is it good for? i noticed that it's not very common, and couldn't really find information on what it's good for online.

Is it worth the extra cost (~20-30%)? If not for my use cases i can reduce the cost, or go for larger blade diameter.
I want clean cuts - on wood, and on finished/unfinished plated of chipboard/melamin/plywood, etc...

If you're interested in the model then bosch have one that caught my eye - GKS G65 GCE - https://shop.bosch-professional.com/gb/ ... gce--25417

Festool have this featuer too in some saws, but are considerably more expensive.

10x!

promhandicam

Re: Hand held circular saw with constant electronic??

Postby promhandicam » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:36 pm

Welcome to the forum. Decent blades will be more imortant than constant speed for DIY use. Get a 12t blade for ripping timber and something like a 36t for sheet materials. Good luck.

arielbm

Re: Hand held circular saw with constant electronic??

Postby arielbm » Fri Apr 27, 2018 8:39 pm

Thank you! It was my thought as well, it's good to get confirmation for that.
Just out of general curiosity, can you explain when / at what scenarios will "constant electronics" be good / valuable?

I'm thinking of getting the Makita HS7601 instead of the bosch with constant electronics. it's cheaper and enables larger cut depth..... but seems it will do clean and accurate cuts on plywood and laminated chipboards.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”