INCRA Cleansweep dust extraction principle and questions

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
TrevorMcW

INCRA Cleansweep dust extraction principle and questions

Postby TrevorMcW » Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:45 pm

Hi folks I'm new here and need some advice concerning suitable dust extraction for my newly built router table. I have the Xact Router Lift and Xact Router Motor already mounted in the table which I'm happy with.

I was going to purchase a fence but have decided to manufacture myself now (cost savings and for the experience) While researching this I discovered that dust extraction and the way routers self cool their motor armetures seams to present problems. The reading I have done so far seams to conclude that using an undertable box with a port connected to a Dust Collection system coupled with a fence and similar dust extraction is optimal provided the dust can be 'sucked' from the table and into the box. This is fine for when the bit is somewhat exposed but not for when the bit is not exposed (dados, etc)

The INCRA Cleansweep dust extraction principle seems to suggest that using some 'rings' with various shaped cutouts can be used to improve delivery of dust to the undertable box when cutting dado's, etc.

My Question is : Can anyone confirm that this principle is as simple as I have put it (IE can these 'rings' be manufactured for any table and the same effect achieved provided an under table evacuated box is used. My own thinking on this is that the routers motor cooling will be trying to blow the dust out but the box dust extraction will be trying to reverse this . . . do I have something wrong here - Incra do have a fair following.

Your thought gentlemen please.

Regards
Trevor McCarthy-White - recent retiree and would be workshop builder.

TrevorMcW

Re: INCRA Cleansweep dust extraction principle and questions

Postby TrevorMcW » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi GUys,
I'm in the advanced stages with th erest of my dust extraction system for the rest of the workshop. Any thoughts on this router table dust extraction issue ????

IE Does the router armeture cooling air flow compete with the dust extracting air in the fence or router dust extraction 'box' ???

I'll willingly add any clarity as required.

Trevor

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Wed Jul 25, 2018 9:29 pm

This bloke doesn't like it
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

woodsmith
Subscriber

Postby woodsmith » Thu Jul 26, 2018 9:25 am

The rings are designed to stop the dust ever getting into the box so you need a good extraction system in the fence. Dust falling down over the router can get sucked into the inverted router motor, so preventing the dust getting in there by fitting a close fitting ring is a good idea.
Keith

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”