Air compressor trouble!

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Robb1979

Air compressor trouble!

Postby Robb1979 » Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:16 pm

Hi Guys,

I’m new to the forum, and relatively new to woodworking, so I’m getting a lot of my gear on Facebook marketplace, and EBay.
I bought a brad nailer, and then found an old air compressor on FB but I can’t seem to connect the 2, the hose I got has male connectors (1/4” I think) as does the air compressor, the brad nailer, which a silverline, has fancy connector with it, and I’ve picked up various connectors but can’t get it right, it’s pure inexperience! But I wondered if anyone can help?

Thanks

Robb

9fingers
Subscriber

Re: Air compressor trouble!

Postby 9fingers » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:06 am

As a new member you can't post pics yet (I think) and without pics we can't really help.
So maybe make another couple of posts about anything woody like introducing your self and what you are interested in and then come back to this thread with some photos. In the meantime familiarise yourself with bsp thread sizes. Hint the size relates to the bore of the old thick wall pipe that the thread would have been cut on so the sizes are far smaller than anything you can measure in the physical thread. Tables of dimensions readily available online.
Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GZrX ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Robb1979

Re: Air compressor trouble!

Postby Robb1979 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:44 pm

Hi Bob,

Thanks, I’ll make a couple posts, and come back with pics.

Robb

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”