If you had to choose a combi machine?

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Post Reply
rich3911
New Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Contact:

If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by rich3911 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 10:14 am

If you had to choose a combination machine, Hammer C3 31 or a Minimax C30 Genius?

From what I've read, Minimax is better? But not 100% sure why...

JonR
Occasional Poster
Posts: 361
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Somewhere too near Dartford
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by JonR » Thu Jan 31, 2019 8:38 pm

I would go for a Felder, i got seperates myself, whats your budget ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FELDER-CF-53 ... :rk:6:pf:0

rich3911
New Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by rich3911 » Thu Jan 31, 2019 11:39 pm

JonR wrote:I would go for a Felder, i got seperates myself, whats your budget ?
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FELDER-CF-53 ... :rk:6:pf:0
Ha! Didn't see that one, I was searching for Combination machine! Looks like a good buy.

Budget up to £5k. Needs to be single phase or 3 phase up to 3hp max.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber
Posts: 4923
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Oop North where it rains
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by thatsnotafestool » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:42 pm

rich3911 wrote:If you had to choose a combination machine, Hammer C3 31 or a Minimax C30 Genius?

From what I've read, Minimax is better? But not 100% sure why...
Just looked at the photos of the Minimax. There is NO comparison. In term of build quality, ruggedness etc the Hammer wins hands down although like all combis has its weaknesses.

This is mine

Image

Image


But I'd still rather have separates.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

rich3911
New Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by rich3911 » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:53 pm

thatsnotafestool wrote:
rich3911 wrote:If you had to choose a combination machine, Hammer C3 31 or a Minimax C30 Genius?

From what I've read, Minimax is better? But not 100% sure why...
Just looked at the photos of the Minimax. There is NO comparison. In term of build quality, ruggedness etc the Hammer wins hands down although like all combis has its weaknesses.

This is mine

Image

Image


But I'd still rather have separates.
Looks the biz!

The man at Felder said the same! :lol:

He gave me a run down of just about every feature on the Hammer and why it is better than the minimax.

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber
Posts: 4923
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:27 pm
Location: Oop North where it rains
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by thatsnotafestool » Sun Feb 03, 2019 9:59 pm

Was that Russell ?
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

rich3911
New Member
Posts: 36
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:58 pm
Contact:

Re: If you had to choose a combi machine?

Post by rich3911 » Mon Feb 04, 2019 9:06 am

thatsnotafestool wrote:Was that Russell ?
Yep. Very helpful chap!

Post Reply