Itech machinery

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Howardwoodstuff

Itech machinery

Postby Howardwoodstuff » Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:44 am

Hi guys,I’m new to the forum (8:2:19) Has anyone got any info on itech machinery ??? I’m looking at a drum sander that Scott & seargeant are advertising on there web page.I can’t find much information regarding reviews etc.I know it’s connected to SIP somehow but any solid advice would be greatly appreciated. I’m based in Manchester if anyone’s interested in connecting with me to talk about woodworking,I’d describe myself as a keen hobbyist(all the gear and no idea, as my wife would say). Thanks in advance,Howard.

9fingers
Subscriber

Re: Itech machinery

Postby 9fingers » Fri Feb 08, 2019 8:39 am

Based on what I read on another forum itech machinery is ok at hobby enthusiast level but the service from S&S was less than good over the ordering and delivery process. So maybe try and find a different supplier maybe

Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GZrX ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

nos

Postby nos » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:58 am

I have looked at Itech machines, they are all generic Chinese built, but so are most of the others! I did like the Spiral block planer, and for a nice price.

The Rusted Nail
Occasional Poster

Postby The Rusted Nail » Thu Feb 14, 2019 3:49 pm

I have a couple of iTech machines, a linisher/edge sander and a downdraft extraction table. Both of which were purchased from Scott & Sargeant. As 9fingers mentioned if you can accept the poor level of service from purchasing from "Scott & Scarper" which generally means selling you something and then wanting nothing further to do with any aftercare, I would say ITech machines would be perfectly fine for a hobbyist.

Again as mentioned in another post the packaging and little paperwork in the form of an instruction manual indicates it is a Chinese product, but I imagine very little machinery isn't from China within this price bracket. So I would say the reason I purchased these machines as for me it was down to

(A) Cost

&

(B) For the amount I would use these two machines over the course of one year I couldn't really justify the outlay for a more industrial piece of equipment such as Felder or Volpato.

As always try to buy the best your budget will allow.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”