Has anyone got a Dewalt DW125 Radial arm saw?

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.

Has anyone got a Dewalt DW125 Radial arm saw?

Postby urbanarcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:00 pm

hi I recently bought a Dewlt DW125 RAS and its missing the collars/flanges that hold the blade in place I've downloaded the manual and can see the parts but their no longer available.
If you have one of these machines could you possibly take a little picture of the parts on and off the saw and give them a little measure for me so i can work on finding a suitable replacement. I can send you my email if its easier than posting the pics here, it would be a great help.

I hope someone can help here. (I've posted on other forums)
I'd also like to know if the inner flange/collar is one or two pieces as on my saw there is 1 part that looks original and people seem to think its an adaptor for the shaper head or dado blades. Its the larger dark metal part on the right in the image below. should there be 2 large blade support collars and this or is the inner collar 1 piece and this is removed?
urbanarcher
Click here to make a donation

Re: Has anyone got a Dewalt DW125 Radial arm saw?

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 12:16 pm

Here you go

They are cup washers that are useless if your blade has reducing rings, i bought a blade to match the arbor size from http://www.atkinson-walker-saws.co.uk/home_page.html

If you do manage to get some of the original washers don`t assume they are perfectly true, i had to get mine skimmed as they were out enough to not allow the blade to cut square .
Doug
has subscribed...

Postby urbanarcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:00 pm

oh that is brilliant that's what i needed to see. In the image quoted above is that 2 parts a cup washer and an arbour a bit like the part left on mine? or is it all 1 part? what are the thickness's of these parts? i'm thinking about using the parts from the dw1251 :shock: and need to know if its going to move my blade left or right and by how much. For the dw1251 the parts allow you to use the standard 30mm centre blades i think this would be a great conversion 8-) and will save some money on blades too and allow more choice! :D
urbanarcher

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:48 pm

The photo shows a cup washer & a spacer, all the spacer does is give clearance between the blade & the blade guard.
That is all that is really important along with the secure holding of the blade.
Doug
has subscribed...

Postby urbanarcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:36 pm

The photo shows a cup washer & a spacer, all the spacer does is give clearance between the blade & the blade guard.
That is all that is really important along with the secure holding of the blade.

Thanks doug let me try and explain what I'm thinking.
On the Dw125 the parts should look like the image below:
Thanks to Doug i now know it consisted of three parts one arbour/spacer and 2 cup type washers that make contact with the blade.
The problems with the original set-up as Doug said are
They are cup washers that are useless if your blade has reducing rings

What i want to do is look into instead of buying the original parts buying the parts form the dw1251 which allow you to use the standard 30mm bore blades available almost everywhere.
The dw1251 parts look like the images below:
diag

What i need to find out is if the parts will fit without the blade cutting into the blade guard? to know this i need to find out the dimensions of a couple of parts on the dw125 i need the width of the cup washer and the total width of the spacer/arbour.
The required dimension!
The other dimension is of the part from the dw1251 inner collar/arbour seen here on the right this is the part that allows fitting of the 30mm bore blades.

Thats probably as clear as custard but i hope someone understands and can help with dimensions!
urbanarcher

Postby tusses » Sun Jul 17, 2011 4:03 pm

can't you just put some temp shims (washers/anything) and a blade on to find the sizes you need ?
tusses
has subscribed...

Postby urbanarcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:15 pm

well that wont help as these are standard parts. i want to use the parts from one model to put on another and this is why i need the sizes for comparison to see it their going to fit. i don't have either of these parts that's why I'm asking here! before deciding which parts will work
hope someone can help with the dimensions???????
urbanarcher

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:22 pm

urbanarcher wrote:hope someone can help with the dimensions???????

I`ll measure the spacer & washer tomorrow, unfortunately as miss stella has done her worse since darren won the open i`d be struggling to measure anything tonight :roll:
Doug
has subscribed...

Postby urbanarcher » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:30 pm

cheers Doug as they say in Russia Na zdrovyeh.
urbanarcher

Postby Doug » Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:33 pm

urbanarcher wrote:cheers Doug as they say in Russia Na zdrovyeh.

That`s easy for you to say :lol: :lol:
Doug
has subscribed...

Postby Doug » Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:50 pm

Sorry for the delay, i was tenoning on it yesterday & didn`t want to disturb the set up.

The cup washer is 8mm & the spacer which is a bearing held in place with a circlip is 9mm

As has already been said, the main thing is to ensure the blade rotates freely in its guard.

The assembly in your last photo would be ideal if you can utilize it.
Doug
has subscribed...

Return to Power Tools and Machinery