Chip extraction

If its got a cable, this is the place to talk about it.
Woodmatt

Chip extraction

Postby Woodmatt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:51 am

Hi All,
I am looking to change my chip collection for my 3 main machines,Kity table saw,Kity spindle moulder and Robland planner/thicknesser.I curently have an Elektra Beckum toy machine with a maxium capacity of 550m3/hr and it is pretty useless particularly with the planner/thicknesser.

I have been looking at a couple of Axminster machines,the FM3000SA hobby machine and the UB-803 trade machine.Bearing in mind it is only really for hobby use although I have most of the furniture for my conversion I am doing coming up shortly.Do any member have any experience of either of these machines or would they recommend anything similar for around the £300/£400 mark.
All comments would be appreciated.

Matthew

Mr Ed
Subscriber

Re: Chip extraction

Postby Mr Ed » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:48 am

The discussion here will help you; viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9439

The SIP machine with a fine filter cartridge would be about £400 ish so is in your budget.

Ed

thatsnotafestool
Subscriber

Postby thatsnotafestool » Sat Mar 09, 2013 12:03 pm

I'd still keep the Elektra Beckum as the extractor for the (primarily dust) from the table saw. That way, all the chippings from the spindle and p/t in the other bag are relatively dust free which can make it easier to give away to stables etc if you need to.
The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.
Friedrich Nietzsche

Woodmatt

Postby Woodmatt » Sat Mar 09, 2013 1:21 pm

Thanks for your replies guys.Mr Ed I have read the post on the link you gave me which is intesting but that sort of brought me to this

http://www.recordpower.co.uk/product/fi ... ctor--hplv

Any thoughts anyone,looks a good machine going by the spec and not so expensive.

The Rusted Nail
Occasional Poster

Postby The Rusted Nail » Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:00 pm

On a side note, what are peoples opinions on paying a bit more for like the Jet DC1100A extractor with the "vortex cone" design.

Is it a bit of a gimmick or something that really if you have the money a must have?

The Rusted Nail
Occasional Poster

Postby The Rusted Nail » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:28 pm

Ended up buying a Jet DC1100A with a fine filter this afternoon. Should be here tomorrow so shall await to see how good it is on my panel saw with the fine dust and if this vortex cone is just a gimmick.

promhandicam

Postby promhandicam » Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:03 pm

Let us know what you think of it once you've got it set up.

Return to “Power Tools and Machinery”