Pens

If the work spins rather than the tool, this is the place for you.
megga

Pens

Postby megga » Sat Mar 30, 2013 8:35 am

Well just started doing these, got a set of 3 blanks, brought them from e-bay, my first attempt, and apart from the first one (once all done, it was a bit fat) quite happy. So emailed yesterday the chap to see if i could nip round and pick some up, he lives nearby and i want to make some for easter pressies. Get there, and he sells a friggin shed load, all pre drilled, and they are drill tru as well, but before he gets the ones that i want to buy, he gets this box full, and just gives them to me, mainly all in two's and he sells tem in 3's. Black woods, oaks fir's beach's, pau rosa, and all pre drilled, in 2's 4;s and 6's. All in around 50 pens can be made :o so happy with them, i didn't buy the ones i wanted, just gave him £15 insted.

But does any one know where i can buy the pen kits from quite cheap?? got a few of e-bay, and they work out around £2 per kit, not bad when making a couple, but gets expensive when making quite a few.

Oh and any advice, as i'm just starting, would be great. (I am a novice tuner, with almost no knowledge)

dontheturner

Re: Pens

Postby dontheturner » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:55 am

Yes, The Turners Workshop - a private shop on ebay.co.uk - and the owner is Vinny - a delightful guy to deal with. - If you can speak to him personally, hew will be of great help.

dontheturner

Return to “Turning”