Hello everyone

Show us your on-going and completed projects.
PistolPete

Hello everyone

Post by PistolPete » Tue Sep 08, 2020 5:55 pm

Hi, I'm new here & a beginner woodworker. I thought I'd say hello and share some things I've done since lockdown started :)

Some victorian type panel shutters:
The plan is to do some more for a square bay window, but I've been a little daunted in working out how best to frame it out.

A Welsh love spoon (for my wife's anniversary present):

A bookcase to store my vinyl:

Some reclaimed scaffold board bookcases for a friend:

And a step-stool from the offcuts so she has a fighting chance of reaching the top shelves:

Restoring a garden bench for my Mum:

Whilst I was working in my Mum's garden she got me to make a planter from some scraps and a couple of bits of pallet:

My 5-year-old looked at some of the planter offcuts and told me they should be a ferry, so I did my best:

Finally, I made this tote from a plywood pallet (& some baked-bean tins) as a screw transportation solution (mostly as an excuse to have a go at a tusked tenon):

I appreciate most of it is probably a bit crude compared to the work of a lot of people here, but I have been enjoying myself.

9fingers
Subscriber

Re: Hello everyone

Post by 9fingers » Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:23 pm

Enjoying your woodwork is what it is all about for the amateur. When you become disatisified with the results then working on improving the bits that bug you.
Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GZrX ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Thu Sep 10, 2020 6:46 am

I work as a paid carpenter (professional) and I see a lot of work that is crude from people who claim the be carpenters. The work you have done is more than satisfactory. As Bob has said just aim to improve as you go along and keep it up.

PistolPete

Post by PistolPete » Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:15 pm

Thanks guys :)

I've generally been fairly happy in that most of it has turned out better than I was expecting, or at least better than the last thing

9fingers
Subscriber

Post by 9fingers » Mon Sep 14, 2020 1:07 pm

Whilst you continue to exceed your expectations then all is good!

Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_GZrX ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;