Barbie doll shelf for my daughter with my Badog CNC

Show us your on-going and completed projects.
asselin22

Barbie doll shelf for my daughter with my Badog CNC

Post by asselin22 » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:34 am

I’ve been working with badog software for about a year now I was quite convinced that I can make this drawing in less than an hour but in reality it took to many twists and turns and I started to get really creative with my drawings. So it took a little bit longer than expected. you can see below the outline of the pieces and went at as usual on using 3 mm thick plywood with a 1.1 mm diameter tool with 2 teeth.

once all the pieces were cutout of the wood I started to assemble them and had realized that one of the pieces and drawn upside down and if I put it together it would be backwards on the finished model so it was back to the drawing board and I made another piece and erased the original false piece. The entire project took about 15 to 20 minutes to cut if you don’t count the time I lost redoing the DXF files in the bundled software I had received with my machine.

here’s an image of the semifinished Barbie doll bookshelf partially assembled before I painted pink. I had to disassemble the entire model in order to get the pieces perfectly covered by the pink

well here’s the finished project all painted of the Barbie bookshelf

senior
Subscriber

Re: Barbie doll shelf for my daughter with my Badog CNC

Post by senior » Thu Jun 23, 2016 1:38 pm

Nice and hairy.
Have a look at my facebook page and leave a comment or two.
Or browse my website Hand made kitchens Essex

asselin22

Re: Barbie doll shelf for my daughter with my Badog CNC

Post by asselin22 » Fri Jun 24, 2016 12:00 pm

senior wrote:Nice and hairy.
haha thanks :D