Bedroom Cupboards (home job)

Show us your on-going and completed projects.
Meccarroll
Subscriber

Bedroom Cupboards (home job)

Post by Meccarroll » Thu Nov 24, 2016 7:10 pm

Don't think I've posted anything in this section before as I usually work on site and not much to post except mundane first/second fix work most of the time. Here is a set of basic bedroom cupboards I made under instruction from SWMBO.

All made from MRMDF, 18mm doors, carcass work and some shelving, 25mm for the frame and other shelving. Sprayed with A/C High build primer then A/C topcoat:

Thank's for looking.

Mark

Rogerdodge
Subscriber

Re: Bedroom Cupboards (home job)

Post by Rogerdodge » Thu Nov 24, 2016 9:51 pm

Very nice. Hope her fees for the instruction were not exorbitant .

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Fri Nov 25, 2016 7:02 am

Rogerdodge wrote:Very nice. Hope her fees for the instruction were not exorbitant .
:lol:

promhandicam

Post by promhandicam » Fri Nov 25, 2016 10:34 pm

Looks very good Mark. Did you do the spraying yourself - if so do you have a spray shop or just do it in a workshop?

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Sat Nov 26, 2016 1:09 pm

promhandicam wrote:Looks very good Mark. Did you do the spraying yourself - if so do you have a spray shop or just do it in a workshop?
Yes I did the spraying Steve, A/C it's the only spray paint that I have used on wood so far. No spray shop, just sealed up a large area with thin polythene sheeting, made a temporary stacking system and dismantled after I'd finished.

I like A/C because it's very resilient and lasts for years, but I'm thinking about had painting as it's quite in at the moment and may actually suite some items more than A/C. Only thing is I'm not sure if it lasts like A/C does.

Took a look over some of your work and I must say how nice and neat it all looks, I really liked the Oak bedroom furniture you made.

Thank you for comment Steve.

Mark

Tomyjoiner
Subscriber

Post by Tomyjoiner » Wed Nov 30, 2016 10:16 pm

Looks nice mark, we moved house on friday an the missus said its 1 of the first things she wants is wardrobes seen as i never got round to them in the last place!

Meccarroll
Subscriber

Post by Meccarroll » Fri Dec 02, 2016 6:45 am

Tomyjoiner wrote:Looks nice mark, we moved house on friday an the missus said its 1 of the first things she wants is wardrobes seen as i never got round to them in the last place!
Lot's of brownie points to be had :D

I was going to build the cupboards lined with MFC as most of the chaps on here do but SHMBO wanted maximum storage (not lined). At first it seemed a good idea saving on materials and having the extra space but as a consequence the cupboards took longer to fit as I had to scribe everting in situ rather than fit to square boxes in the workshop.

I think lined cupboards can look neater and the extra cost of materials can be off set in the time saved fitting. Something I'm going to take into consideration in future.

Mark