Sliding Patio Door Track and Corner Detail?

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Meccarroll
Subscriber

Sliding Patio Door Track and Corner Detail?

Post by Meccarroll »

Hi all, I've been asked to fit these sliding doors to the corner of a kitchen extension.

The largest door is over 3m long and about 275kg so big and heavy.

I'm having a couple of problems:

1. Locating a supplier of sliding track that can take both the size and weight of the doors.

2. Details of how to construct the corner meeting detail.

Any help appreciated.

I have contacted Centor who only make track to accommodate doors weighing up to 175kg. I have also contacted Costal who I am waiting for a quote.
Sliding Doors Lime Barn.jpg
cncpaul
Subscriber

Re: Sliding Patio Door Track and Corner Detail?

Post by cncpaul »

The only suggestion l have is they weigh up to 275kg l would think of my back
and give it a miss
Paul

If you only have a hammer then everything looks like a nail
Meccarroll
Subscriber

Re: Sliding Patio Door Track and Corner Detail?

Post by Meccarroll »

cncpaul wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 6:39 pm The only suggestion l have is they weigh up to 275kg l would think of my back
and give it a miss
That is something that has crossed my mind Paul but I would only be making the frames and fitting them, I would leave fitting of the the glass to the glass suppliers. The glass has been specified at 8mm x 14mm x 8mm so 30mm in thickness overall and not a job for someone without all the equipment to fit.

The main frame work and glazed frames form the Front and Gable elevations of a large kitchen extension which is to have oak king post trusses sat on the main frame the trusses will have purling's spanning between that support the rafters. The oak roof trusses will sit on the 200mm x 200mm oak posts and the glazed frames in between. The corner of the kitchen between the front and gable is to open with two glazed screens meeting in the corner.

It is the corner sliding track and detail that's being a problem at the moment as it's very hard to find information for the size and weight involved.

The picture is of a provisional detail for the oak trusses.

As you can see Paul it is quite a large project with a lot of oak in it.

The footings and oversight are in but that's all so far. It's a developing project.
Truss.jpg