Please assist with the age and other binformation on this machine.

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Pantherea

Please assist with the age and other binformation on this machine.

Post by Pantherea »

The machine is a Cooksley planer thicknesser, i have searched the internet for information on this machine and the history of the company but apart from a very brief history on the Vintage Machinery site I have been unable to find any other details.
Please see the attached photos.
IMG_6053.JPG
IMG_6053.JPG
IMG_6056.JPG
IMG_6057.JPG
Meccarroll
Subscriber

Re: Please assist with the age and other binformation on this machine.

Post by Meccarroll »

I'm sorry I can't help even though I've been in the trade for decades. Wadkin, Dominion and Cooksley are some of the better made older machines around. These manufactures built machines of industrial quality and made them to last. A few years ago I worked in a boat repair yard which had a 12"x7" Wadkin planer thicknesser also a newer 16" Sedgwick planer thicknesser and the little Wadkin knocked the spots off the Sedgwick. I think your Cooksley will be on a par with the Wadkin so you are a very luck man to own it. Mark
cncpaul
Subscriber

Re: Please assist with the age and other binformation on this machine.

Post by cncpaul »

That looks like a Cooksley planer thicknesser that has been cannibalised to just a thicknesser by
removing the tables, if you have the tables you maybe able to restorei it, if not you only have a
thicknesser.
Paul

If you only have a hammer then everything looks like a nail