Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

General wood working tips, tricks and ideas. Anything that doesn't belong elsewhere can be discussed here.
Post Reply
NeilCarter
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 am
Contact:

Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by NeilCarter » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:22 am

Hi All,

I'm going to fit sliding doors in front of my wardrobes and wonder which sliding door track you would recommend? I'm looking for a good quality track, with a 'sort of' John Lewis, not Harrods price, if it exists.

Thanks, Neil

Meccarroll
Subscriber
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by Meccarroll » Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm

Hi Niel, try contacting "Iron Mongery Direct", they have a huge stock of second fix ironmongery.

NeilCarter
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by NeilCarter » Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:41 pm

Meccarroll wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm
Hi Neil, try contacting "Ironmongery Direct", they have a huge stock of second fix ironmongery.
Thanks, Mark. I've been looking at them, is there anything that you can recommend?

Neil

Mike Jordan
Occasional Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Littleover Derby
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by Mike Jordan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:41 pm

I haven't used any for a while but Henderson made good ones

Mike Jordan
Occasional Poster
Posts: 86
Joined: Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:21 pm
Location: Littleover Derby
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by Mike Jordan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:43 pm

Aa

NeilCarter
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by NeilCarter » Thu Apr 29, 2021 8:09 am

Mike Jordan wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:41 pm
I haven't used any for a while but Henderson made good ones
Thanks Mike,

I'll give them a try.

Neil

Meccarroll
Subscriber
Posts: 1125
Joined: Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:37 am
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by Meccarroll » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:47 pm

NeilCarter wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:41 pm
Meccarroll wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm
Hi Neil, try contacting "Ironmongery Direct", they have a huge stock of second fix ironmongery.
Thanks, Mark. I've been looking at them, is there anything that you can recommend?

Neil
Hi Neil, sorry for the late reply but been v.busy.

I don't do a lot of work involving doors with sliding doors but I would usually look at things like:

1. Weight capacity of sliding track.
2. Width and height limitations.
3. Door thickness limitations etc.

I would say the cheaper sliding door tracks should all work but the more expensive will likely slide more smoothly and may have soft closing etc.

I fit some ultra cheap sliding doors sets in my fathers house 40 years ago and they are still going strong. So I guess it's up to you depending upon how smooth you want them to run.

Sorry I can't help any further.

NeilCarter
New Member
Posts: 15
Joined: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:23 am
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by NeilCarter » Sun May 09, 2021 9:22 am

Meccarroll wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:47 pm
NeilCarter wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 2:41 pm
Meccarroll wrote:
Tue Apr 27, 2021 8:35 pm
Hi Neil, try contacting "Ironmongery Direct", they have a huge stock of second fix ironmongery.
Thanks, Mark. I've been looking at them, is there anything that you can recommend?

Neil
Hi Neil, sorry for the late reply but been v.busy.

I don't do a lot of work involving doors with sliding doors but I would usually look at things like:

1. Weight capacity of sliding track.
2. Width and height limitations.
3. Door thickness limitations etc.

I would say the cheaper sliding door tracks should all work but the more expensive will likely slide more smoothly and may have soft closing etc.

I fit some ultra cheap sliding doors sets in my fathers house 40 years ago and they are still going strong. So I guess it's up to you depending upon how smooth you want them to run.

Sorry I can't help any further.
Hi Mark,

I'm sorry for the even later reply.

Thank you for the excellent advice, I will look closely at the specifications.

Neil

petertheeater
New Member
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:11 pm
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by petertheeater » Sun Jun 06, 2021 1:56 pm

Hafele - And you can get them with soft opening and closing which really brings them up a notch.

JonR
Occasional Poster
Posts: 366
Joined: Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Somewhere too near Dartford
Contact:

Re: Sliding Door Track Recommendations Please

Post by JonR » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:04 pm


Post Reply