Tangent handrail post poll

Show us your on-going and completed projects.

Tangent handrail post.

Has my tangent handrail post been boring but very entertaining?.
No votes
Has my tangent handrail post been boring, I’ve had enough?
50%
Has my tangent handrail post been very informative and fun ?.
50%

Total votes: 2

Oldboy22
Occasional Poster

Tangent handrail post poll

Post by Oldboy22 »

Trying to get some feedback anonymously, please vote.
woodsmith
Subscriber

Re: Tangent handrail post poll

Post by woodsmith »

You need another option, Has my tangent handrail post been interesting but somewhat baffling. Which is my vote.

I think that, for me at least, with no experience of tangent hand railing, the drawings haven’t made much sense. I think I would need at least a video, or better still a day in your workshop, to relate the diagrams to a 3D construction. As I’m retired and am unlikely to need to make such a handrail, this has been of esoteric interest only and I haven’t felt the need to put a lot of effort in to completely understand it. Still enjoyed reading about it though.
Keith
Trevanion

Post by Trevanion »

Don't take this the wrong way but the way I see it the thread that you have currently running, "Past project, tangent handrail", is very muddled. What I mean by that is that it doesn't really have any structure at all to it, if it were a book, it starts somewhere in the middle, gets back towards the beginning, and then doesn't get anywhere near the end. As woodsmith says, it's mildly interesting for the average person scanning through, it's difficult to understand any of the drawings as to where the hell do you even start with it all?

Personally, I'd suggest making a completely new thread that starts with the very basics of tangent handrailing, the geometry understanding required and explaining all the terms and jargon right away, then moving on to more complex work and such, which would make for a far more approachable thread than your current one.
Oldboy22
Occasional Poster

Post by Oldboy22 »

Thanks for your replies, I will leave it to the weekend in case there are anymore votes or comments. I’ll then make a more in depth response.
Oldboy22
Occasional Poster

Post by Oldboy22 »

Okay the lack of interest is deafening lol , but thanks to Keith and trevanion for there contribution.

I agree the post in question is muddled and not structured ,I only joined the forum to help someone but I didn’t know anything of his personality or capabilities, and that didn’t go how I planned, I thought post a drawing and a little explanation and that would be that.

The other drawings and posts were because I thought there was interest in the subject but it was probably the constant drama that was the real reason for the number of views. Ive decided to let the post slide in insignificance instead of feeding my ego and passion with drawings and explanation’s that people are not interested in or can understand.

Thanks Brian
Trevanion

Post by Trevanion »

I’d definitely be interested in the posts if you started from the very beginning as I have very little to no understanding of tangent handrailing, you can show me those drawings that you put up the other day, but I would have no idea what all the lines are, which is what is daunting about it.
9fingers
Subscriber

Post by 9fingers »

I share Trevanions viewpoint. I’m not likely to need to fit a handrail but I like the ideal of a mathematical/ graphical method being available to solve a problem.
If you have the facilities this subject could make an excellent educational YouTube series.

Please don’t be dispirited by low response to your poll but this forum is sadly nearly dead so not too many folk are looking in here let alone posting.
Bob
Information on induction motors and inverters here
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dBTVXx ... sp=sharing" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;